Dear UCCS community,
As we start finals week, I want to share a few updates regarding the search process for three campus leaders.
Assistant Vice Chancellor of Human Resources
I am pleased to announce that we have filled the position of Assistant Vice Chancellor of Human Resources. Angela Bender will be starting at UCCS on Feb. 1. She is coming to UCCS from the Metropolitan State University of Denver, where she has served for the last ten years, most recently as the Director of Strategy and Operation.
Please join me in extending thanks to Harper Johnson for filling the interim HR position as well as for chairing the search committee that includes:
- Harper Johnson (Search Committee Chair), Assistant Vice Chancellor for Information Technology and Chief Information Officer
- Deann Barrett, Human Resources Manager, College of Letters, Arts, Sciences
- Michelle Brown, Senior Instructor and Book Liaison/FA IRC Committee
- Shannon Cable, Director of Student Employment/Financial Aid/Student Employment/Scholarships, VCAF Office
- Rame Hanna, Vice Chancellor, Diversity, Equity, Inclusion
- Mandy Hull/Mike Pasque, Managing Associate, University Legal Counsel
- Charlie Kuehler, Staff Association Representative/VC Student Affairs Office Finance and Accounting Senior Professional
- Larry Lee, Executive Director, Auxiliary Services
- Karen Markel, Dean, College of Business
- Terri Wagner, Resource Management Division, Budget Operations Manager
- Henriikka Weir, Associate Professor with Tenure, School of Public Affairs
Assistant Vice Chancellor for Planning and Facilities
Following a very extensive search, we are in the final stages of negotiating with a finalist for the position of Assistant Vice Chancellor for Planning and Facilities and hope to have an announcement soon.
Vice Chancellor for Administration and Finance
The search for our next Vice Chancellor for Administration and Finance (VCAF) continues as a rolling search. The search firm will identify new candidates during December and January and the search committee will meet early next year to resume their work, reviewing candidates and forwarding qualified candidates to Cabinet. Cabinet members will then visit with the candidates to determine if the candidate merits a campus visit, which will be arranged as soon as the timeline allows. Our hope is to have candidates on campus in February.
Karl Spiecker, Interim Vice Chancellor for Administration and Finance, will be stepping down from his role effective December 14. Please join me in thanking Karl for joining our UCCS community in this interim role and wishing him all the best in his future endeavors.
Carlos García, Vice Chancellor of Student Affairs, has agreed to take on the additional responsibility as acting VCAF until we fill this position permanently.
I also want to thank the VCAF search committee for their commitment to ensuring a successful search:
- Kelli Klebe, Dean, Graduate School
- Aidan Clark, Student Representative
- Laura Edwards, Financial Administrator, College of Engineering and Applied Science
- Kaley Espindola, Human Resources Employee Relations and Experience Manager
- Carlos García, Vice Chancellor, Student Affairs
- Clay Garner, Police Lieutenant/Director of Police Operations
- Tia Grigg, Senior Assistant, University Legal Counsel
- Melinda Hagemann, Assistant Vice Chancellor, Advancement
- Christina Jimenez, Department Chair and Professor in the Department of History
- David Moon, Professor of Political Science
- Jeff Reed, Executive Director, Facilities Services/Operations
- Jevita Rogers, Senior Executive Director, Financial Aid/Student Employment/Scholarships
- Suzanne Scott, Assistant Vice Chancellor for Budget
- Lynn Vidler, Dean, College of Letters, Arts & Sciences
I know these searches have taken longer than expected and I appreciate everyone who has participated in group interviews, attended campus forums and provided valuable feedback on each candidate. I look forward to continuing our search for a new VCAF in January, and I am excited to welcome our new Assistant Vice Chancellor of Human Resources and our new Assistant Vice Chancellor for Planning and Facilities in the new year.